Saturday, October 6, 2007

iPhone - Not really an iPod - Surprise!!


I think that the title of this post is obviously the most shocking of all the posts. I'll never forget Mr. Steve Jobs chanting: "an iPod, a phone, and and internet communicating device!" and then chanting again and again: "an iPod, a phone, and and internet communicating device!" all the while building up to what would be the crescendo and introduction of the new iPhone!


Well, sadly I must say that it is actually not an iPod as what you may be used to. Disappointingly the sound quality is about fair at best compared to my old 5.5 gen iPod. Other shocking revelations regarding this so called "iPod" phone are as follows:

  • Surprise Justin - your $99.00 VModa phones are not going to work... (at least without a clunky adaptor) because the headphone jack is recessed too deeply. I presume to encourage use of the proprietary [greedy] apple headset
  • If you like to look at your Lyrics and sing along...well, I hate to disappoint, but... yep, you guessed it. THE FEATURE IS NOT THERE!! I thought that this was a pretty slick feature of my previous iPods... click the center button and see the Lyrics etc... Well despite the so called "power" of the iPhone this basic feature has been removed.
  • Your $49.00 FM adaptor that works with ALL the ipods?? - Yep you guessed it. Look at the above pictures... No dice. This comes up on screen as an "Un-suported" device. Yes, it has the 30 pin connector, yes, they say it's an iPod but as we know it's really not. Thanks Apple for making me waste more money! - Awesome!


  • Yes, apple has done it again! (sort of, but in a negative sense) - Honestly, how hard would it be to fix glaring problems like these? Yes, obviously, not very hard... but for some reason.. It's not there.... Actually we already know what the reason is.... GREED. Don't worry everyone... All these will be fixed for an additional $399 with the can't wait, gotta have it now... new edition of the iPhone 2.0! I can see it now... "You know all those things that you thought would be on the iPhone but were not? Well, now we are bringing out a new version... better, faster, smaller, more memory and with EVERTYTHING we previously held back so we can sell you what you were missing... only $399.00!! GET YOURS NOW - while supplies last!

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    You forgot to mention how the iPhone doesn't play iPod games either. All previously purchased iPod games will not work on our new iPhones.