It is just me or is Apple seemingly starting to get greedy? For example. I noticed the new iTunes icon on my iPhone thanks to the cool 1.1.1 update. Excited to see iTunes on my iPhone I immediately hopped on it to look for my favorite free news podcast... and uh, well, uh... let's see... wow. I can't find it... ANYWHERE.Wow! What gives? It is just me or does it seem that Steve Jobs may be a little confused. I seriously believe that Apple THINKS that we have some sort of insatiable need to spend money without any given thought. As if spending money were some sort of necessary bodily function like urinating. Well, we all have to do it - right? so why not put a urinal on our iPhone? (substitute the word urinate for spend money and urinal for iTunes and Starbucks)
When I saw that we could now purchase music at Starbucks as if the over-priced coffee couldn't already include the cost of the music we could listen to... I was blown away! Why not let you have access to their music so that you can enjoy a song over and over again while you're there and then if you wish to take it with you THEN you could purchase it??
Or better yet, why can't we just access everything on iTunes like movies and free podcasts too? The only thing you can do on your iPhone as it seems is spend more money! There's nothing for free to benefit yourself except for the internet (of which you're already paying for the 2.5G drip-drip-drip dial-up speed network.)
It seriously looks as if Steve Jobs is confused on what we need and enjoy and it's pretty obvious that Apple is beginning to be blinded by GREED! I don't know about you, but I don't have the urge to spend money all the time. I detest being drained of a buck everywhere I turn. I like to enjoy the best things in life and yes, they are always free!! - (not 99 cents)
Just because we can seemingly afford the iPhone doesn't mean that we aren't wise consumers. Of course, in reality it would seem that we are actually NOT wise consumers especially in light of all the glaring compromises that this so-called revolutionary product has made in the name of greed. For instance - no copy/paste, no 3rd party applications, no flash, no disc support, shoddy iPod functions etc. etc. - Maybe we should rename this a revolutionary spending device instead of giving so much credit. How about maybe renaming it to the iSpend? - i Spend... I like the sound of that. Yes, iSpend is fits its functionality so much better than a compromising name like iPhone. So from now on let's wise up and rename our devices with a name that fits its main function best... iSpend.
Thank you Mr. Steve Jobs for making it easier for us to spend money.. But what happened to you? What happened to open-source? What happened to making life better for us and not Apple? Where did the community go? - I bet I know... right in your pocket at 99cents at a time!
No comments:
Post a Comment