Saturday, October 6, 2007

200 Text Messages! - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Looking at my plan... AT&T has so generously offers to give you 200 text messages (SMS) - (/again/ no pictures or video on the iPhone) what totally cracks me up is the fact that if you text someone else on your own FAMILY PLAN which is AT&T Mobile to AT&T Mobile at its very finest.. guess what... It actually counts against your text messages... Yes that is correct...

Are you ready for another banger? You only get 200 text messages... this means when I send a SMS to my wife it's charged as one text message from me (sent) and she gets charged a text message (received). - Hmmm all this is very interesting just coming off the Verizon plan where $5.99 gets you unlimited TEXT, PICTURE AND VIDEO messaging to anyone on my calling plan, even including any Verizon phone, and furthermore, now any mobile Phone period. - All that and only $5.99.

AT&T is the all over network? I'm beginning to wonder... This relationship is going to obviously hurt me in more ways than one. - Not good.

I know I can update my plan for an ADDITIONAL $30.00 and get unlimited for the family plan but... I don't think that's going to happen. My cheap butt is stuck with the $5.99 200 text for my non-iphone wife and my 200 text msg iPhone plan.

- Thanks guys, there's nothing like being controlled by the soup Nazi of text messaging.... Here's the real kicker and food for thought. How different is the SMS data sent from my iPhone than the email data sent from my iPhone data plan? Hmmmmm... interesting. I'm sure AT&T has an awesome explanation. I think that the email would be somewhat more expensive since it involves a real ISP. But really, who am I to judge the greedy?? It's things like these that are starting to sour my experience.

No comments: