Saturday, October 6, 2007

Honeymoon is Over? - SMS texting.


Oh no, I feel as if my iPhone experience is starting to go down hill now. I've learned all the features, there's no more to explore and discover!! What's next???

Now, like a new marriage, I'm beginning to see my new 'mate' in a whole new light. Her faults are becoming clearly evident now. Should I have listened to my friends? Should I have listened to my mother? My Dad seemed to really want to see me happy... But Momma warned me about the new "girl" in town... Miss iPhone. She's so sexy and bright, so many 'buttons' and so fun and she can do so much! Or am I now discovering that she can only do "so" much?

Well, time will tell. My first discovery was the cool way that the iphone does SMS texting! So AWESOME!!! I love it! It's like iChat. I love iChat and instant messaging. Now I can combine the love of both and apply it to texting my friends in style! - Soo cool!

However I'm wondering how to send those cute pictures of my daughter to my wife... she always gets a kick out of those pictures. Every one is priceless, and they are always there at the right time during her work to cheer her up during a long day. BUT WAIT! Where can I attach my pictures to text messages? Hello? OH NO! MAY-DAY! MAY DAY! - THIS IS AN ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND IT'S NOT HERE??? Maybe I'm just overlooking it... Uh, not here, not here.... maybe here? Nope. .... where could it be?... Alas.. no where to be found! Panic! YES time to PANIC!!!

Well yes it's true... email is so much more powerful for sending pictures... but where's the spontaneous fun factor for all those who can't handle a 2 mega-pixel shot... and those who only have a mobile phone and not another iPhone or laptop handy? - Well I guess both me and my friends are all S.O.L. (Short on Love) when it comes to picture messaging.

The next bubble bust is the discovery that I can't MASS-TEXT all my buddies the same message. Yes, I must create an individual conversation to each of my contacts and type the same thing to each one... See my spot on Cut/Copy/Paste....

Very, very weak. I'm almost stunned and I begin to wonder what other huge flaw did I overlook with my new 2 year partner? I'm very frightened to see what's next.

I'm sure that Steve Jobs knew what he was doing when he left this out... and there's a good reason again, I don't know what it is but I'm missing it so much already it hurts.

No comments: