Saturday, October 6, 2007

Quicktime Movies! AWESOME!!!




I frequently love to visit my favorite time waster... Break.com. It's a pretty cool site like metacafe or liveleak where you can see some pretty bizarre things. Sometimes the comments are more funnier than the videos themselves. Any-hoo. Since my last post I was pretty disappointed that there was not flash included with Safari. Nor is there any way to make flash work with Safari. - Bummer. Perhaps Apple was too afraid that 3rd party developers would start making flash applications and thus cut into Apples profits. I'm beginning to think that Apple has given up their focus in making a better product and now turning to the almighty dollar as their goal. Sad as it seems, everywhere I turn there's another way for me to be drained of another 99cents from Apple or another $399.00. What's more, is the stifling of 3rd party development and open source development in their tradeoff and quest for greed.

I've been able to find a nugget of happiness with my iPhone. I've noticed, before my above rant, that Break.com doesn't have to use the Flash player to work. (I love Flash Videos and I know you do too!) It's so cool as you can see you can actually get a "Mobile" version of the site and still watch videos there.

I know, I know, I remember old Steve Jobs saying in his commercials... "It's not the mobile version or the lite version of the web... It's just the web in the palm of your hand." Obviously with the missing flash support, the nugget of Mobile versions of some site playing the Quicktime movies will help me to enjoy the web anyway despite the greedy apple executives who purposely trimmed out flash for future profits.

No comments: